Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Jun 26, 2014

5 Question Asked: Lead Programmer

Jun 26, 2014 2:01 PM Posted by Unknown , , , ,

Meet Jun Ting, our Lead Programmer in the Technical Team of XiMnet Malaysia. Born and bred in Johor, Jun Ting has been with us for 6 years and counting. Often the go-to person to solve problems, we must say she's fast learner and never hesitate to reach out for those who are troubled. Get to know her more:


How was the beginning of your career in XiMnet Malaysia?

Honestly, what I have learned back in my university was very different from what I doing now. But I took it as a great chance given to me to explore new possibilities, which I am totally enjoying now. My first task given by my CEO was to munch down a text book. I took up the challenge and excelled, bringing me to where I am now.
Beside your daily work, do you have any hobbies? Please share it with us.

I enjoy new life experiences so I love travelling around the globe. It gives me the opportunity to try out new things, learn and feel life in a different way.

I am also into sports. I like to swim because the feeling of setting my mind free and relaxing my nerves in the water after a long day at work satisfies me a lot. Besides that, I play badminton as well. This is the first sport I took up from my dear family. If I can, I will keep doing this for the rest of my life.

Lastly, as a curious programmer, web-surfing is a good past-time to keep myself growing.
What is the biggest challenge you have faced throughout the years in XiMnet Malaysia?

In the rapidly changing and evolving IT environment, I think the biggest challenge to me is to equip myself with the new skills & information, being at the top of the league.
Do you have any heroes? What make them your heroes?

Would it be funny to tell you I do not know my hero's name? In my mind, there is no doubt that the Internet has had a massive impact on our lives. In fact, I can’t imagine living without internet. Thus my heroes are the "Creators of the Internet"!
Please share 3 golden lessons you learned to this point.

  1. Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.
  2. Listen To Your Curiosity
  3. Knowledge Comes with Great Experience