Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Aug 14, 2015

Meet Our New UX Designer, Lim Jin Yong

Aug 14, 2015 5:40 PM Posted by Meiyee Lai , , , ,

Meet our newly joined UX Designer, Lim Jin Yong.

Jin Yong joined XiMnet just two months ago as an UX Designer. A fresh graduate in Multimedia Design, he builds user-friendly websites with his expertise in front-end programming and design.

Our intern interviewed the new team member in conjunction with the #VoicesFromXiMnet project. Find out more from the brief interview below:



How do you feel so far about being one of the newest team member of XiMnet?

I am very happy to be part of the team. Although there are only 16 of us, there is a unique strength that holds us together to achieve incredible things.


Is this your expected career plan from where you first started off?

I attended a few interviews with great confidence that I could be part of them but it was not as blissful as I thought until I came to XiMnet. I am glad that I am given a chance grow with this team.


Crucial skills you have learned in a digital marketing agency so far.

I have learnt how to create reusable CSS codes, jQuery functions and some back-end programming of our Content Management System - XTOPIA.

I’ve also learnt how to deliver solutions within the limitations set. Most importantly, time management which I believe is the most important skill in life.


What's your biggest challenge at work and what did you do to overcome it?

In XiMnet, we are constantly challenged to deliver meaningful solutions. To achieve that, I have to arrange and organize all my tasks and then complete them on time.


Do you have a hero? Share with us.

Yes. He will hold me tight when I am lost; he will push me forward when I am afraid; he will lecture me when I did something wrong and he will smile to me when I have succeeded.

All of these won't show up on his face, but I always feel it. My hero is my father.


If you were given a chance to go back in time to meet the old you in uni/college, what would you advise him/her?

"Life is a box of chocolates; you never know what will happen next. So, just do your best." - Forest Gump



Read more about #VoicesFromXiMnet here.