Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Aug 7, 2015

An Interview with Carrie, our Project Consultant

Aug 7, 2015 4:06 PM Posted by Meiyee Lai , , , ,

Meet Carrie, Project Consultant of the XiMnet team.

"I seek possibilities."

As a project consultant, Carrie is actively involved in project pitches with the Sales Team as well as to oversee project delivery to ensure the client’s expectations are met.

Carrie’s energetic personality has definitely makes the work environment a livelier place!

The intern’s #VoicesFromXiMnet campaign today interviewed Carrie about her journey so far with XiMnet. Let’s read more about what she has to say:



How long have you been in the digital industry? Is this your expected career plan when you were still in college/university back then?

I have been in the digital industry for more than three years.

I was a major in IT / Technology in my degree program, but I have a penchant for good design.

Back then when I was still in university, the simple fact that a website is a unique fusion of design, technology - intrigues me. And now I have learnt that strategy is also a crucial part of the formula.

So yes, this is where I wanted to be; expectation-reality gap closed!

What makes your journey in XiMnet special?

My journey in XiMnet is special because of its people. We are the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers.

I don’t believe in the common adage, “a self-made man”, as every acquaintance or encounter with someone, no matter how brief, has built me to be who I am today and the people of XiMnet are great contributors to my laurels.


Describe your role in Ximnet.

As a fresh graduate, I started off as a generalist, learning all aspects of website development.

Despite being one of the youngest in the team, I’m grateful to have been given opportunities to learn from the best and hence, picked up the role of Project Consultant.

Now, my job scope focuses on client servicing and design.


Despite working in a fast-paced environment, what are the perks of your job?

As Malaysians, we are connoisseurs of food and it is with great delight that we are rewarded with good food every time upon completion of major projects without fail.


What do you do to get inspired?

I meditate. 

Sure, I meditate when I sleep. I’m an energizer bunny. No meditations, na-uh.

I hit the gym instead. Lifting irons constantly reminds me to always challenge my limits, and raise the bar (literally!).


Do you have any advice for our fellow freshmen in the industry?

Make mistakes, fall in love, laugh, cry, follow your own path - even if it’s an unusual adventure that you may end up making a lot of mistakes, because these are the best ways to learn.


Read more about #VoicesFromXiMnet here.