Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Jul 10, 2015

Meet our Jr Front-end Developer, Simon

Jul 10, 2015 12:02 PM Posted by Unknown , , , ,

Meet Simon, one of our Web Developers at XiMnet. 

Being a front-end Developer, he works alongside Web Designers and UX Engineers to build websites from scratch. He’s a very down-to-earth person who is willing to help and teach anyone in the team. He believes that teamwork is crucial to make things happen.

Let’s read more about what he has to say:


How long have you been in this industry? Is this your expected career plan when you were still in college/university back then?
I actually wanted to become a Software Engineer after I graduated from university. But after reviewing back all the skills I’ve learned, I feel like I could try being a Web Developer. It has been one and a half year here in XiMnet and I totally love what I am doing now.

What makes your journey in XiMnet special?
I think everyone is here to learn and that should be the priority:  To try, to learn, to gain experience in everything.  I seek knowledge. I believe without knowledge we are nothing.

Describe your role in XiMnet. 
After joining XiMnet, I noticed that everything I do is totally different from what my school has taught me. I’ve started to work intensively in HTML, jQuery and CSS. Other than that, XiMnet has given me many chances in learning different stuff, and now I’m able to pick up more technical skills and also personal skills with my teammates’ help. 
Also, the spirit of ‘Work Hard & Play Hard’ here has never made me feel more thrilled about work.

Despite working in a fast-paced environment, what are the perks of your job?
I have the chance to learn everything. I have a nice and lively workplace environment to work with the whole team. I believe we can go even further. #Teamwork

What do you do to get inspired?
I believe that our environment will give us different inspirations. Sometimes we may lose track of the direction, but remember that after losing direction you can always go back to your mentor. 

I firmly believe that you have to often listen to the views of others, digest advises and critics, reflect yourself for changes are pluses, no minuses.

Advices to freshmen in the industry (Quotes, golden lessons etc)
“Live to learn, not learn to live.”

Read more about #VoicesFromXiMnet here.