Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Sep 21, 2013

5 Questions Asked: Software Engineer


Tech geek? Nerd? Gadget Freak? Many assume working as a programmer is boring. But Yap, our Software Engineer, says otherwise. Let’s get to know what he has got to share with you today.

How was the beginning of your career in XiMnet malaysia?

I remember there are QBasic code snippets in my Form 4 Modern Mathematics text book. I was a lazy student, I tried to build application and let the computer solves my math homework. But that didn’t make me interested in programming. Sooner, my first personal webpage was built with Microsoft Frontpage (a WYSIWYG HTML editor).

I like the challenge like adding bulletin board, guest book to the webpage and also cloaking the URL to prevent hot-linking. While all those were accomplished with very little use of HTML & JavaScript programming but since then I have great interest in programming.

A decade has passed and things keep changing. As a programmer in XiMnet Malaysia, I always seek to better techniques for building web applications. Following best practices and building high performance web application is part of my work. Helping people to solve their day to day problem by using programming is my ultimate goal.

Beside your daily work, do you have any hobbies? Please share it with us.


I have great interest in collecting currencies, solving puzzles and watching movies.

Please share five golden lessons you learned to this point.

APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE
Always initiate to spend more time with your family and don’t waste your food.

DON'T BE AFRAID OF CHANGE
Anything can happen so one must always prepare themselves for new challenges set ahead.

ALWAYS PUT YOURSELF IN OTHER'S SHOES
Think and analyse. Everything you do can impact someone else in your life. Always avoid hurting someone while you are trying to get things done your way.

CHANCES WAIT NO PEOPLE
Life is short, seize the moment.

DO NOT JUDGE TOO SOON
There are two sides to every question, always.

Do you have any heroes? What make them your heroes?

My hero is Sheriff Woody from Toy Story. He is a great leader who always gives support and motivation to other toys. For what he thinks is right, he will do it to the end.

Tell us in one picture how you're feeling about your life right now.


I will still going around to see what is behind the mountain even someone has already told me what it is.