Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Feb 17, 2011

A Project Executed With Love :- The Girl Effect

Feb 17, 2011 11:36 AM Posted by Unknown , , ,

It's seldom I come across a project that I will rave about. And I mean, we are seldom given a brief that will change the world, one person at a time, a village after another.

Here's a little story about something I find extremely compelling. Over the weekend, I started reading an amazing book called THREE CUPS OF TEA.

It kept me awake till wee hours in the morning for the simple reason that Greg Mortenson, a lost mountaineer, stumbled unto an impoverished village called Korphe in the remote highlands of Pakistan and was nursed back to health by the headman.

He made a promise to Haji Ali and it changed his life, and most astoundingly the lives of those many children across Northen Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Greg Mortenson, many years and many schools later started an organization called THE GIRL EFFECT.

As a practitioner in the business of web strategy and communications, I have planned, designed, and maintained more websites than I can count. For more than a decade, that is.

I'll have to say that I was awed by the simplicity and impact of the website of THE GIRL EFFECT. It has all the critical components for a great website.

1. A Compelling Story Told in an Engaging Way!

2. A Clear Call for Action. You Can Make A Difference

3. Viral-ability

I will say it again, wow story told well, great design to support the message, and a clear invitation to participate.

WOW!

5 Stars!

Can somebody give me a project like this?!!












A final word. What is most admirable is, I can almost see those passionate people who made this work, with LOVE oozing out of their hearts. All said, the greatness of this website comes from the great attention the team member poured into the planning and execution.

And you can't do that unless you are inspired by true love and devotion.


I should know...