Discover what creates the magic in our work.

Apr 10, 2013

Discovering The Way

Apr 10, 2013 5:25 PM Posted by Unknown , , ,
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~ Robert Frost


I remember pondering over the poem above as a literature student many years ago. With the road ahead of me, how do I want to live my life?

Several years later, with the fire of my youthful idealism burning out as I live through the daily grind of making meaning out of an uninspired work life, I picked up a book at MPH Bookstore and read the first line.

“Life is difficult”. How true that is…

Over the past decades, I must have read M. Scott Peck’s book, “The Road Less Travelled” no less than ten times now. Life is indeed difficult. I saw it as a child, within my family and in my Kulai neighborhood of the 1970s.


I once thought I can make a difference to this world by being a writer. I read literature of all kinds and experimented with various types of philosophies, religious thoughts and beliefs. And I wrote. At the same time, I thought perhaps I can be a singer/songwriter and rock the world with a new dream played to an uncommon rhythm. I formed a band with some friends and rocked for a while.

Then I fell in love and got married. So I had to get a job to pay the bills.

As a young adult making a living in Kuala Lumpur, I saw it is indeed true as Henry Thoreau, the American philosopher had said “…the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation”. In a bank and a few jobs later, I realized the darkest place in the world is the workplace.


That’s when I made a decision of take the road less travelled. And I want to do my part to make life less difficult. I want to put the light back into people's eyes.

I swore to myself I will build a workplace lighted with Love.


The chief alchemist Show & Tell session in collaboration with Teach For Malaysia.

Love for the work, love for customers, and most important of all, love for the community that is coming together with a shared mission to make a difference with our lives.

So I founded XIMNET.

Come join me, and take the road less travelled.


XiMnet Malaysia Team with a total 15 members of as of 2013.


Wiley Chin was interviewed by BFM, talking about how he gets his feet into the business to change the world. Download the podcast and listen to the interview here.